Climate Change Challenge
This fun and social competition will provide a platform to help middle school & UConn teams from across Connecticut to take measurable action on solutions to climate change. Learn how you can take the #ClimateChangeChallenge today!
When your school team joins the Climate Change Challenge, you:
- Receive guidance on tangible actions you can take to address global warming;
- Earn points for each action your team completes;
- See the positive impact by the collective action of all participating teams; and
- Have the chance to win the grand prize: (1) state recognition for your school/team, (2) an opportunity to come present about your team’s efforts at the 2021 Connecticut Environmental Action Day, and (3) more!
- Competition Launch: February 28, 2020
- Competition Support: Bi-weekly
- Winners & Prizes: April 30, 2020 (note extension in end date of competition!)
Join and participate in the competition today:
- Download and follow steps outlined in the Climate Change Challenge Instructions
- Register your team on https://drawdown.ecochallenge.org/
- Confirm your registration with CT Environmental Action Day Leaders by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take action & earn points on the https://drawdown.ecochallenge.org/ platform
- Share updates about all the great work you are doing on social media using the following: #ClimateChangeChallenge, #ExtendTheChange, and @UConnExtension
If you need help or guidance throughout the competition, please contact us at email@example.com. We will provide bi-weekly updates and words of encouragement during the competition period (Feb 28 to Apr 30). Winners will be announced on Friday, May 1st.
Climate Change Challenge Leader Board
We will periodically update the team standings during the competition. All standings are subject to change.
|Team||School||Total Points||Current Ranking|
|The Hawks||Mary Hooker Environmental Sciences Magnet School||7413||1|
|ChangemakersCT||Mansfield Middle School||4334||2|
|Greens Farms Academy Green Team||Greens Farm Academy||167||3|
|Natural Resources Conservation Academy||University of Connecticut||110||4|
|JRMS Eco Club||John Read Middle School||66||5|
Thank you for participating in the Climate Change Challenge!