Goals of CEAD
The goals of Connecticut Environmental Action Day are:
- To have students create environmental action ideas for their community.
- Inspire students to submit their environmental ideas to the Climate Change Challenge Competition.
- Provide an opportunity for students to receive recognition for their environmental action initiatives.
- Increase students’ understanding of the environment and natural resources.
- To foster students’ capacity to become environmentally responsible citizens by increasing their understanding of principles governing individual and collective action.
- To provide students with access and educational opportunities to the University of Connecticut.